Wednesday, December 2, 2009

3 Weeks Old

I can't believe Bradley is already 3 weeks old! These past few weeks have absolutely flown by, and he has changed so much! I can't wait for his little personality to start showing. :) So far, my days (and nights) have consisted of feeding him, changing diapers, burping, wiping up spit up.....all while trying to keep Tyler and Josh happy. Let me tell ya....IT'S HARD! I still haven't gotten it through my head that I have THREE kids, but I sure am feeling it! The boys love him though and it's so sweet to see them kiss him or "shhhhh" him when he's crying. They are going to be such great friends when they grow up. My biggest challenge has a name though.....Josh. I was not prepared for this. Tyler was no problem when Josh came around and I was hoping that Josh would adjust just as well to Bradley. Not so much..... He's literally whining, screaming, crying 24/7! Well....except for when he's asleep (which takes a lot of effort to get him to do these days as well). I try my best to give him as much attention as possible when I'm not tending to Bradley, so I hope it catches up with him and he beings to behave normal again soon. :) I'm sure a lot of you mothers out there can relate. In the mean time, I'm just taking it day by day and making as few plans as possible. I think I'll be a home body for just a little bit longer. :) Here are a few pictures of my sweet little angel, Bradley. (He's beginning to become quite the chunker! 9lbs already!)




Here's my big angel, Tyler, playing with his "swords". Silly kid!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Cute baby! He's still so tiny! My boys play swords with hangers too...boys are funny!

~LisaLou~ said...

Hi Sarah,
Wow. Three weeks flew by-huh! I think Bradley looks like Tyler in those pictures. I hope things settle for Josh soon. That's hard. I have a suggestion, it has helped at our house to "show" the baby how cool the other kids are. I say "look Reed, Ty can jump so high!" or something along those lines. The little kids get the attention they need and a little boost to their self esteem and they don't resent the baby taking so much time and attention. It's corny, but it may help a little. Hang in there!
I actually wrote a letter to myself before I went to the hospital reminding me how crazy it may get for a little while, but to remember priorities and that all the crazyness will shorly pass and we will be back into a routine soon. It just takes time and patience. It has been a nice reminder as my house is slightly trashed and things are a little crazy! Let me know if you need help!
Take care- Lisa