Sunday, August 22, 2010

My First 5k!

So, I signed up to run a 5k! For those who don't know, that's 3.1 miles. It's on October 2nd in Tempe. I've been training for 3 weeks now and I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. Seriously.....I haven't run a mile since I was probably 10. I JUST ran a mile without stopping yesterday. Sheesh! Although it's not much yet, it was really encouraging to see that I've improved. Anyway, here are a couple pictures of my teammates. Yeah, we like to have fun when we're not training. :)

I didn't get much air on this one. LOL!
Left to right- Kari, Kami, Emily, Sarah L., Cheryl, Me (The whitey!)

We were able to hold this pose for about 1 second! Luckily that's when the picture was taken. :)
Top- Emily
Middle Row- Me, Kami
Bottom- Cheryl, Kari (Our Team Leader), Sarah L.

1 comment:

GodLoveandBows said...

Adorable family! God bless you!!