Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Playing Dead

Last night Tyler didn't want to go to bed...so he played dead. He kept saying, "I'm dead" but wouldn't stop laughing. "I'm just teasing", he would say. It was pretty funny, and it was a nice transtition into the 'where do we go when we die' speech. I've had this with him before, but I really want him to understand what happens. I didn't go into too much detail. Just that when we get old and really sick, we die and go live with Heavenly Father and Jesus. He already knows this from our previous conversations. Last night was especially cute though because he asked how we get there. I explained that when we die, our bodies are buried and our spirits go up to heaven. I don't think he understood that, which is fine. For now, I'll let him believe that we get there by an airplane. :) But one of the best things he said is that one day him, me, Josh, and daddy will GET to go there. I told him it will be a while though....when he's 100. :)



5 comments:

Kim Watson said...

That's sweet. I love those kinds of conversations. My kids used to worry about death, and I always told them 100, too, 'cause then it seemed too far away to worry about.
I love how Tyler thinks we'll get there by airplane :)

Shea said...

Kylee is always asking curious questions like that. Not really Lorelei yet. Who know's...maybe there is a plane headed up to heaven, and when it gets full it drops everyone off and comes back here for another flight :).

Randy Hinson- "The Spirit of Elvis" said...

You're such a good mommy

Allyson said...

That is funny! I think I need to start a book of all the funny things my kids say.

Leah said...

What a sweetie. Children amaze me.