Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Birthday Night

For my birthday, Todd thought it would be cool to have a bonfire in the desert. Sounded fun to me! We invited my best friend Amanda and Todd's friend Ryan to join us. Amanda and I share the same birthday, so this was a celebration for the both of us! We made tin foil dinners and peach cobbler. Well, we weren't there for even 20 minutes when our car battery died. We had been using the headlights to light the table we were preparing the food on. Luckily, Amanda's dad works for DPS and he called someone to help us out. Almost an hour later an officer shows up and jumps the car. He then goes on to lecture us a little about being out there by ourselves and how dangerous it was blah, blah, blah. Anyway, he decided to stick around while we packed up. We were leaving anyway...not because he scared us off or anything! lol! We had the peach cobbler when we got back to the house. It was pretty yummy! I didn't end up getting to bed until around 2:30! I'm too old for this.......

Amanda and I cutting the veggies




Our lifesaver for the evening






Amanda and Ryan

Again...


Lovely, just lovely... :)


Me and my BFF!

Aren't we cute??!!

This was the most fun birthday I've had in a long time. Can't wait 'till next year!

5 comments:

Shea said...

Oooh that Ryan guy is cute! Did him and Amanda hit it off??

Amanda said...

LOL, that was a fun night :0)even if we were almost killed by Mexican drug lords ;0) jk.

~LisaLou~ said...

Happy late birthday! Looks like it was a memorable one!

Kim Watson said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad to see that Todd showed you a good time :)

Schatz said...

Happy Birthday!