Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

So....I'm a little late posting this. My birthday was on the 13th! I turned the big 2-6! Yeah, I know...not a huge milestone, but getting closer! Anyway, I woke up that morning and Todd told me to go look on the porch because there was something for me. Hmmm....I wonder what it was....My first thought was that he bought me a bench for the porch but when i went out there I didn't see anything. It took me a couple minutes and then I saw this:

I thought, "Oh, how sweet! I have the best husband!" And then I saw this:

"Awww! He's even sweeter!" Then this:

"So THIS is why he was working late tonight...., He's the best!"


I went inside and told him Thank You and that he was very sweet. He looked at me and said he didnt' know what I was talking about. He didn't do it......What? Then who did? I had no idea! I went outside again and read every single thing written on the hearts. It definitely wasn't something a guy would do after all right? I had my suspicions as to who would've loved me enough to heart attack my front yard. They were later proved correct! I was talking to my great friend Emily on the phone and she confirmed that it was her and several more of my great friends from the ward! Todd only knew about it because they knocked on the door at 12:15 am when they were done! lol! He was awake watching TV with the windows open, so they had to be very quiet. He's surprised he didn't hear them. Anyway, it made my day! Thank you so much!

2 comments:

The Picketts said...

What a VERY cute idea! I wish I was clever enough to have thought of something so sweet! I dont even know if I wished you a happy birthday! SOMEDAY I'll be a good friend! (Maybe after the pregnancy brains LEAVES!) HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! You deserved to have a WONDEFFUl birthday!

Najmah Sultan said...

That's the most thoughtful idea I've ever heard of! (The flowers in your front yard) its such a great thing to do for someone on their birthday, or for any special ocassion. You obviously have some great friends!