Friday, March 6, 2009

Goodbye NUBY!

So, for the last couple months we'd been giving Josh the Nuby sippy cups. They worked well for a little while, but he ended up just biting through the nipple and milk would go everywhere when he would try to drink out of it. I decided to go buy the kind that Tyler used when he was Josh's age. Holy Cow! Can you say expensive?!? I'm sure they've gone up in price in the last 2 years....but give me a break.....$7 for 2 cups? Geez....Anyway...I got them and I've been trying to get him to use it all day long. This might sound mean, but I forced it into his mouth in hopes that he might realize he CAN suck out of it...to no avail. I knew he was getting thirsty, so I tried again. And YAY! He finally got it! Whew! These are a little harder to bite through. So even though it may happen, it will take a while. Here's a couple pictures to show Josh's accomplishment. Big Boy Sippy Cup!


2 comments:

Shea said...

The girl i babysit uses that kind and they don't leak out at all. hmmm...Maybe i should get them for noah. He still has a nipple on his last bottle he needs to bite through before i'm completly done with bottles though. Sometimes he will drink out of a sippy, but only because he see's lorelei doing it.

The Picketts said...

Gracie used to bite the nubi nipples too. Then she figured out how to somehow get the nipple OFF the bottle. This would ALWAYS happen at bedtime so her bed would be COVERED in liquid of somekind. I tried the playtex cups (which are about the same price....a little ridiculous too!) I hope Josh gets used to the new cup! Cute Crazy little boy!