Saturday, October 18, 2008

Girls Night!

I am husbandless this weekend, so tonight, my friend Amanda and I got to have a night out with NO KIDS! It was absolutely fabulous! Our movie didn't start until 9:00, so we had a couple of hours to kill. We hit the mall. After visiting a few children's clothing stores and browsing through the perfume and cologne selections ( Curve is my favorite), we decided to relax at Barnes and Noble and check out the new movie companion guide book to Twilight. Yes, we looked through the entire thing! It took up the majority of our time..and honestly, can you think of a better way to spend an hour? :) So...after drooling over Edward for the better part of 45 minutes, we went to the theater. We saw Nights in Rodanthe. The BOOK was fantastic. The MOVIE was not. I had my hopes up way too high for this one. It didn't flow like the book and I just did not think that Diane Lane captured her character to the fullest. I also didn't think that the development of their relationship was portrayed effectively. The last 10 minutes were the best and I did shed some tears, but overall I would give it a 4 out of 10. I highly recommend the book though!

3 comments:

Shea said...

Those girls nights out are so much fun! The last movie i went out to see with girl friends was 'Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2'. It wasn't a wow movie, but it was nice to escape from the everyday.

Kim Watson said...

Sounds like my kind of night!

Emily P. said...

aw, what pretty girls! I'm glad you had fun. Why didn't you post the pictures with the poster, though? ;)